Several of our locations have similar fundraising events or sales that involve t-shirts. We encourage you to support those initiatives if there is one at your site. The myMohawk.com fundraiser is an opportunity for employees across the Company who do not have other ways to participate in breast cancer awareness events to do so.
It may seem a little early to be thinking about going pink for October.
But this year, myMohawk.com is starting early to share a new way for you to get involved and support breast cancer awareness.
Breast Cancer Awareness T-Shirt Sale and Design Contest
During our myMohawk.com breast cancer awareness T-shirt giveaway last year, many of you requested we offer shirts for sale so that the proceeds could be donated to a breast cancer research charity.
So this year, we’re doing just that – you’ll not only be able to buy the Mohawk breast cancer awareness T-shirt, but you can also help design it.
From now until 11:59 pm ET on Friday, September 6, Mohawk employees can submit up to three designs for this year’s T-shirt. A panel of judges will choose one winner, and that person will have their design featured and worn by employees across the Company, as well as receive four t-shirts, a $50 gift card and a commemorative plaque.
How to Enter a T-Shirt Design
Below are a few basic rules for the contest. Click here to read the full contest rules and guidelines.
- Your design can be on the front of the shirt only, not exceed three colors, and must be contained in a 14x17 inch area.
- You may submit up to three designs, but they must be submitted as separate entries.
- Your design must be wholly original. By submitting a design you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it, and that it does not contain any copyrighted material, including images/copy found on the internet, unless clearly marked as published under a creative commons (cc) license.
- Design submission should be saved to 300 dpi to produce a quality output. Acceptable files are high resolution JPGs, TIFFs, AI and EPS files.
- If you win, you will be required to provide the original design in a high resolution format that is compatible with Photoshop, Illustrator or another professional design program.
- The entry should be accompanied by your name and contact information.
- The theme of “breast cancer awareness” should be incorporated in the design, as well as the Mohawk logo. Click here to view and download the logo.
Why Breast Cancer Awareness?
Mohawk has partnered with Susan G. Komen since 2001 to raise breast cancer awareness and funds supporting the mission. The Company has donated more than $6.1 million dollars and is proud to continue their partnership with Susan G. Komen.
Each October, myMohawk.com goes pink for breast cancer awareness, sharing articles about Mohawk’s support of Komen 3-Day Events, fundraising and sponsor programs, and the importance of regular check-ups and mammograms.