Did you know you have a team of qualified medical professionals dedicated to you and your family members?
It’s called your Healthy Life Care Team, and their goal is to give you complete support for your health and well-being. Your team is made up of many people to help you balance your health, including medical providers, a Healthy Life Navigator, a case manager, referral coordinator, Your Choice Advocate, registered dieticians and behavioral health support.
They guide you through your health journey with the tools you need to be an active participant in your care. These are a few topics where your Care Team can provide help:
- Understanding your biometric screening results
- Better managing chronic and other health conditions, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, coronary artery disease, asthma, osteoarthritis, depression and more
- Identifying stress triggers and teaching better coping skills to help reduce stress
- Finding the lowest cost for care and for various procedures through the Your Choice Advocate
- Maintaining good eating and exercise habits, and managing or losing weight
- Learning how to access telephone seminars
- Quitting tobacco use
- Balancing work and life or helping resolve day to day life challenges
- Accessing around the clock medical treatment guidance
- Preparing for surgery or procedure(s)
- Accessing pregnancy resources and getting enrolled in the Maternity program
Not sure where to start? Here are a few people on your team and the role they play.
Case Management is offered to Mohawk health plan members to help provide peace of mind during complex medical conditions. Case managers may call to get to know you or your family member to be able to provide the help needed to manage your health. If the medical condition requires surgery, a case manager may call before and/or after discharge to answer questions, help with any issues and provide the support and guidance needed during this time.
Healthy Life Navigator
You don’t have to face your wellness journey alone. Healthy Life Navigators offer support to guide and motivate members to make healthy lifestyle changes. They will work with you or your spouse to set a personal health goal, and they will give you the tools to achieve or make progress toward that goal. Healthy Life Navigators build an essential foundation for self-management to help you continue to use the right tools, behaviors, and resources in day-to-day life.
Your Choice Advocate
Your Choice Advocate services are a resource that provides assistance finding in-network providers, cost, and quality information related to high cost medical services. Call or text 855-733-7295 Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. ET for help.
For more information text or call your Healthy Life Care Team at 877-365-0051.