Part of the Mohawk Business Strategy is treating all employees fairly, which means the company has an unparalleled commitment to safety and wellness across all aspects of the business.
That commitment was validated this week at the 2015 Georgia Association of Manufacturers Safety Conference in Atlanta when Mohawk Industries received 33 awards for excellence in safety.
“We are proud to receive all of these awards and especially proud of the 30 sites that were recognized for no lost time accidents,” Corporate Safety Director Terry Craft said. “Our primary goal in all aspects of the business is that our employees leave work in the same condition as when they arrived. We’ve cultivated a world class safety culture around that goal, and it takes dedicated work from everyone across the business to achieve awards like these.”
Mohawk Industries facilities received first place recognition at the following sites:
• Antioch Road Extrusion Plant 1, Dalton (Manufacturing Group A)
• Antioch Road Extrusion Plant 2, Dalton (Manufacturing Group B)
• Antioch Road Distribution, Dalton (Distribution Group B)
The following Mohawk facilities throughout Georgia were recognized for no lost time accidents:
• Antioch Tufting Carpet, Dalton
• Calhoun GHB Distribution, Calhoun
• Calhoun MFG, Calhoun
• Calhoun Reinspect/Rework, Calhoun
• Caradon Yarn, Chatsworth
• Chatsworth BCF Yarn, Chatsworth
• Chatsworth Reinspect/Rework, Chatsworth
• Chatsworth Samples, Chatsworth
• Duvall Miles, Chatsworth
• Duvall Road, Chatsworth
• Duvall Road Distribution, Chatsworth
• Duvall Road Reinspect/Rework, Chatsworth
• Eton Air Entanglement, Eton
• Eton Color Department, Eton
• Eton Extrusion, Eton
• Eton Warehouse, Eton
• Floor Mat Plant, Calhoun
• Goodwill Drive, Dalton
• Greenworks, Eton
• Highland Road Carpet, Chatsworth
• Highland Tufting, Chatsworth
• Industrial Park Carpet, Dalton
• Industrial Park Yarn Plant, Dalton
• McFarland Extrusion, Dalton
• Mohawk Home-OGD, Calhoun
• Mohawk Home-Sugar Valley Manufacturing, Sugar Valley
• Phelps Road Yarn, Dalton
• Tifton Pad Plant, Tifton
• Union Grove Distribution, Calhoun
• Wall Street Tufting, Calhoun
At the event, Vincent Gross, Mohawk’s manager of communication systems, facilitated a training session on using electronic communication channels to promote workplace safety. Around 200 of the conference’s participants heard Gross’ explanation of how Mohawk had leveraged technology to deliver safety communication and training to its thousands of employees across the U.S.
Please join us in congratulating everyone involved on these exciting achievements!
Safety Specialists, HR and Corporate Safety representatives were on hand to accept the awards on behalf of Mohawk.